The Blink app for PC is a home security app that you can use from your Windows 10 PC or Mac. The multiple cameras, two-way audio, and easy-to-use interface all combined together are an ideal way to keep tabs on your home or property in your absence. The Blink app with all its features will give you much more security than just a security camera while being low maintenance.
Basic App Information
- Current version: 22.214.171.124
- Language: English
- Size: 20 MB
- App by: Immedia Semiconductor
The good: The app is very easy to use. The PC version provides an interface that gives access to multiple device control. Set-up is also very easy. All audio and video recording features are of great use. Blink smart security devices all come with very advanced features that add further to the usefulness of the app. Even 3G networks work fine though Wi-Fi is recommended.
Also Check: IP Pro(VR Cam, EseeCloud) | For PC, MAC & iOS
The bad: Any power supply outside the one that comes with packaging is not compatible and may cause problems if used, so it can be hard to find a replacement if the original one is damaged or lost. Wi-Fi connection is required for smooth functioning, which may be a downside for some users. Some users have had inconvenience because of certain hidden charges.
- Advanced camera options: Camera usage is free with this app, which means after installing the app you can use multiple cameras as per need. After installation, you will get tabs on the battery life of the cameras so you know when to change. Download the xt blink app from the play store to view your cameras. The PC allows you to control all of them at once.
- The blink home monitor app: By downloading the blink home monitor app you can wirelessly control cameras, just download it for your device, sign in to your blink account, and verify email to start using. With the PC version, you will get an interface that will allow you to keep an eye on multiple locations without having to log in multiple times. Location and areas can be named as you need.
- Motion detection: For any suspicious motion or movement inside the house, you set up such that you get an alert over your device.
- Video and Audio recordings: You can get video or audio alerts for quick or suspicious movement. You can also get recordings that can be reversed if needed. You can fast forward or even slow down recordings like a DVD player.
- Saving and storage: All recorded are available all the time and storage can be easily checked. Since used on a PC storage can be extended as high as 1 TB.
- Distant control: The back cover comes with a QR code. That you can scan and share with trustworthy people who can help you monitor from afar.
[appbox googleplay com.immediasemi.android.blink]
This app supports all platforms. To run on a PC, you need to use an emulator. The steps are as follows. Assuming you know how to install a mobile emulator (Bluestacks, VoxPlayer, Memu, etc.) we are elaborating on the further procedure of installation-
- Step-1: Install an emulator on your PC.
- Step-2: Now enter your credentials to browse Playstore in the emulator.
- Step-3: Search for the “Blink Home Monitor” app.
- Step-4: Click and install.
- Step-5: Now you need a blink account, open one if you don’t have one, and log in.
This will open the Blink App and now you can start to use it
The app comes for free and all you need are Blink camera devices to run it. You can buy the cameras from the blink website or Amazon. These are battery-operated cameras with an easy installation process.
You can also opt for the blink home monitor app that supports blink smart security devices starting at $34.99. These smart devices can be remotely controlled from anywhere you want, a good 3G network is suggested for a smooth experience.
There are many similar apps that you can opt for instead of blink. Names of some of them are-
Do I need Wi-Fi to run blink?
Yes, Wi-Fi is recommended for proper functioning. This app needs a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection and a 2 Mb per second upload speed minimally.
From how far a distance can the camera sees faces?
Blink cameras can have a resolution of up to 1080p. If blink cameras are used at the highest resolution then up to 30 feet facial recognition is possible. After 32 it is not possible anymore. Lighting conditions, time of the day also impact the camera performance.
From how far away is motion detection possible?
From about 20 feet away motion detection is possible, so you just have to strategically place cameras to get proper coverage.
Can cameras be powered with USB or solar panels?
It is best to use the power supply that comes with the original product. Any other third-party manufacturers that claim to be compatible are not supported or guaranteed by the blink company.
What kind of batteries do cameras use?
Energizer Ultimate Lithium 1.5v AA batteries or their equivalent are to be used for cameras. These can be found on Amazon. Do not use Lithium-ion Battery as they might damage devices with their very high voltage.
The Blink app for PC overall is great with its huge number of features, low maintenance, and flexible usage. For Windows and Mac users this is a great alternative to the traditional expensive high-maintenance CCTV surveillance. So, for anyone looking for a full package security system for home or property, the Blink app for PC is highly recommended.
|Overall: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)