Gom VPN is a paid subscription Virtual Private Network service. While it is relatively less known compared to the bigger apps like ExpressVPN or NordVPN, it serves to mostly unblock and bypass country restrictions, and lets you safely, securely use your internet without giving away data.
- OS: Android/iOS
- Size: 10.3Mb on Android/7MB as Chrome extension
- Languages: English
- Developer: Nubela
- Price: Free/$3.99 per month annually/$4.99 per month renewal
- Requirements/Compatibility: 4.0+ on Android
The Good: Snappy and instant VPN connection prompt, multiple regions and countries to choose from. While trial offers limited access, choice of countries provides optimal experience. Quite a simple and effective tool for use.
You May Also Like: UCSD VPN Download – Fast VPN Client
The Bad: Unimpressive UI and UX. To some point, it might be considered a false advertisement as it seemingly functions more of a proxy/unblocker than a real VPN.
Features of GOM VPN
- Instant connects: Just by the tap of a button, you’re instantly connected to the world with the VPN active. It doesn’t take long to get started as the connection is instantaneous.
- Proxy/Unblocking: Watch Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and get access to country-restricted content.
- Multi-country Options: While the free version mostly connects you to 4-5 countries, the premium version allows you access to so many others from Europe, Asia, North America to South America, and more. With the unblocking feature, you can get access to restricted content and media from other countries.
- Browser Extension: While the App is available to usefully as an app for Android phones, it also comes with an extension for the Google Chrome browser. The extension though only provides a free trial instead of limited use, so you have to buy a subscription in order to use it longer.
- Encrypted Data: Your privacy data is protected thanks to GOM VPN’s data encryption. This way, you can browse the web without anybody taking your data or leaving any tracking files behind.
- High-speed Download: While your download speed will be limited from usage, GOM VPN will provide as more bandwidth much as possible for a seamless experience.
How to install GOM VPN
The app is available for use on 3 platforms. One of them requires third-party apps in order to work. Here’s an installation guide for Android/Chrome Browser/PC.
On Android OS:
The app isn’t available to download on the Google Play Store, so you need to ‘Apkpure’ and download the APK file from there. Once done, you have to manually install the app by allowing it. Before that, you have to check if the ‘Install Unknown Apps’ option is ticked. Then once done, launch the app.
On Google Chrome:
The extension isn’t available to download on Google Web Store. So, in order to use it, download the CRX extension of the app online. Then, open Extensions from More Settings in your Chrome browser. Drag the CRX extension from the downloaded folder to the Extension tab in the browser. From there, the app should be installed.
On PC, it can be used with apps like BlueStacks or NoxPlayer Android Emulator.
For BlueStacks, first, install the BlueStacks Android Emulator by downloading it to your computer before clicking on the installer. Follow the steps on the setup wizard to finish the installation entirely. Once done, launch the app via shortcut on the desktop. From the app, go to the left of the taskbar and click on ‘Install APK’. From there, click on the downloaded APK of GOM VPN, install it.
Also Check: Siga VPN | Free, Fast & Secure VPN Service
For NoxPlayer, install the app by downloading it and installing it on your computer. Either Windows/Mac. After installation, launch the app and then click on the install APK app. Drag the APK file to the installer, it’ll install the app. From there, launch it.
Alternative of GOM
Considered to be one of the best VPNs out there. NordVPN comes packed with features, like data encryption using AES-256 algorithm with a 4096-DH key and, great protection from any malicious sites. Blazing download/upload speed with thousands of servers worldwide.
[appbox googleplay com.nordvpn.android]
ExpressVPN is the go-to app for anybody out there. Considered a great app for both journalists and people outside of their home countries. This VPN easily unblocks restrictions and gives you access to different content in different countries.
Frequently Asked Questions About GOM VPN
How much would it cost to download the app?
The app is free to use, however, if you want all access to features, you need to buy the subscription. The browser extension, however, only gives you a 7-day trial.
Is there a version for iOS devices?
No, currently there’s no support or app file for iOS.
Will I get online support?
Yes, though they aren’t always going to respond. It might take a long while.
Is it compatible with older versions of Android?
Only from Android 4.0 onwards does it run compatible without issues.
Will it work with any device?
Yes, it’ll work on all Android devices, including tablets. Even your PC as a browser extension.
Gom VPN isn’t as popular as some of the notable ones out there, nor does it have much online coverage, but it is a pretty easy app to use. With an affordable subscription price and easily accessible features.