Roku is known for offering vast streaming content. It lets the users enjoy music, movies, shows, TV, and other entertainment options. This software lets your TV get more efficient with its great features and one of its best features includes the ability to lull the user to sleep! Great, right?
However, a TV sleep timer is among the most underrated features on any TV or other device. Besides, the Roku TV sleep timer is very new and many people do not know how to set and use it, which is why we are here to help you to learn how to set Roku sleep timer.
- First released: 2008
- Country: America
- Latest Generation: 17th generation
- Application Category: Entertainment
Also Check: Glwiz App For Android
How to set Roku sleep timer on your TV?
Follow the following steps in order to set a sleep timer on your Roku TV.
- Step 1: While watching anything, like video, movies, or shows, hit on the start button on the remote of your Roku TV.
- Step 2: Once you tap on that button, a menu will show up on the screen where you will see the option at the top is the Roku sleep timer.
- Step 3: Then use the right and left arrows on the directional pad of the remote in order to choose a suitable time. You can set time for 30 minutes, 1 or 1.5 hours, and so on. Whatever time you have set, suppose 2 hours; your TV will turn off automatically after 2 hours.
- Step 4: Again press on the start button to close the menu option, once you are done setting up the sleep timer.
See; within just a minute you can set a sleep timer on Roku, the procedure is super easy. I guess now you know how to set Roku sleep timer. Besides, you can also add a Roku sleep timer using Android or an iOS application. But how? Don’t worry; we will get on that shortly. Before that let’s know how to set limits or parental controls on Roku.
How to set limits on Roku TV?
You can do this in two ways, one is hidden channels or Roku private and the other is by setting up a pin of 4 digits. In Roku private, you can browse channels and add to the viewer’s discretion. Besides, you can add a pin in order to limit the channels added to your Roku account.
How to set the pin on Roku?
- Firstly the user needs to log in to his/her Roku account via phone, computer, or web browser.
- After that select the update option under the Pin preference.
- Then, select the option that says ‘Always ask for a PIN to add or purchase any items from the store.
- Lastly set a PIN or number of 4 digits and then verify your PIN before clicking the ‘Save changes’ option.
Using this PIN you can remove channels, and hide items from the main screen.
[appbox googleplay com.roku.remote]
How to add a Roku sleep timer using Android and iOS applications?
Unfortunately, the Roku sleep timer application is not available on Android. However, if you are an iPhone user then you can set the timer using your phone. But for this, you have to install the Ro to sleep application from your iOS app store.
Check Also: Tubi Tv App
The free Ro to the app comes with a 3-time limit. However, the unlimited timer can also be enabled by simply making an in-app purchase. Note that, the Ro to app detects all the Roku devices that are connected to the user’s network and acts accordingly.
Moreover, if you know how to set Roku sleep timer on an iPhone, you can easily set the timer on other iOS devices.
Steps to add Roku sleep timer using the iOS application
- As stated earlier, install the Ro to sleep application from the app store.
- Then open the app and select the time when you would like your device to shut down. For example, you have set the time as 3 hours. Then, your device will turn off automatically after that selected time, that is 3 hours.
- After setting up the time, click done. So, your Roku sleep timer is set!
Remember, after setting the Roku timer you can also close the application if you want, as the app keeps working in the background.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roku Sleep Timer
How will I be benefited using the Roku Sleep timer?
It helps to save electricity as it turns off the devices that are obsolete.
How do I set limits on Roku?
You can do this in two ways, one is hidden channels or Roku private and the other is by setting up a pin of 4 digits.
How to set the Roku TV sleep timer?
Go to the menu of the TV using the remote control where you will see the Roku sleep timer at the top. Set the timer there and save the changes.
How does the Roku sleep timer work on Android?
Sadly, the Roku sleep timer application is not available on Android. But it works on iOS devices.
The Roku sleep timer is a great feature of the Roku TV which helps to save electricity as it turns off the devices that are no longer in use. Though this application has a few drawbacks, we are expecting a better generation with further updates. Moreover, the sleep timer setting process is also very simple and easy which barely takes more than a minute.
So, you can at least give it a try. I bet it won’t cost you anything but will save you energy. Besides, if you find this feature useful, then help others to know how to set Roku sleep timer as well, so that they can also enjoy its advantages.