Not having a PlayStation is not a problem for game lovers anymore, the PlayStation app for PC gives access to over 300 PS games on your computer. With a PlayStation Network account and a compatible controller, you can start playing. The ‘PlayStation Now’ app is available for download from the official website that you have to download to get started. There is a 7-day free trial available too.
Basic App Information
Specifications about the PlayStation App for PC:
- Minimum PC requirements: Windows 7 (SP 1), 8.1 or 10; Core i3 2.0 GHz; 300 MB of available storage; 2 GB of RAM; USB port and Sound card.
- Developed by: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
- Operating System: Only Windows compatible
- Support: 24/7 support
The Good: Has a wide range of games from PS3 and PS4. Games are transferred from the platform to platform easily because of cross-cloud storage.
You May Also Like: PS Vita Emulator For PC – Enjoy All Playstation Games
The Bad: There is no search function for PC and major third-party titles are missing. There are no PlayStation 5 games and no options for PS3 game downloads. Sometimes one needs to queue to play games. There is also no support for the keyboard and mouse.
Ultimate Features Of PlayStation App for PC
1. Flexible subscription offers
Initially, you can take a 7-day free trial before signing up for a paid subscription. The one-month pack starts at $19.99, the 3-month pack at $44.99 and the 12-month pack at $99.99. So, you can choose as per your budget and requirement. The annual plan is inexpensive which is a great advantage for long-term users.
2. Cross-platform cloud saving
You can directly access all the games and there is no need to download any. Saves are automated, so you can easily shift between devices. Multiplayer options are available and a chance to win trophies in PS games. The automatic cloud saving provides a very smooth experience in the transition from PC to PS4.
3. Games on PlayStation Now
This app is not based on your Steam library, you get 800+ free titles. You can get titles dating back to the PS2. You get Classic PlayStation Properties like- Jak and Daxter and Ratchet & Clank, modern ones like Batman: Arkham City, Bloodborne, and The Last of Us. Sniper Elite 4, Fallout 4, Mafia III, and many, many more titles are included. So, you get a limited but very diverse range of options.
There are exclusives such as Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Infamous, and Journey. Cross-platform ones such as Dishonored 2, Limbo, Lego Batman 3, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, Soma are available too.
Check Also: UCSD VPN Download – Fast VPN Client
Despite the huge number of games available, there are some issues. However, you may have to wait for some time if a large number of people are trying to play at the same time. That is, you have to wait for some people to finish before you can start if there are too many users. This is very inconvenient and pretty unacceptable considering the users are paying a good sum for this service.
4. Lack of search Function
The lack of a search function is one of the big issues with this app. You cannot search through games, rather you have to browse the catalog manually to find what you are looking for. This along with its weak third part library is becoming its greatest shortcomings.
How to install PlayStation App For PC
- Step-1: First open a ‘PlayStation Network’ Account. You can do that from the official playstation.com website.
- Step-2: Now for PS4 you can sign in and go to the PlayStation Store, buy a subscription and launch the PS Now app. The app there is preloaded.
- Step-3: For PC, PlayStation Now the app can be directly downloaded from the playstation.com website.
- Step-4: After download, install it.
- Step-5: Now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller or any other compatible controller using a USB port and get started.
How to Use PlayStation App For PC
- Recommended internet speed for this app is 5mbps.
- After installing and starting the app, now you have access to all the games. Selecting a game now will take you to the game’s page and now you can start streaming or download the title if available.
- The app has no keyboard and mouse support. So, if playing on PC, you’ll need to either buy a DualShock 4 and use a micro-USB cable to connect.
- As mentioned before the lack of searching option can be troublesome, the best way to find what you are looking for probably is by the Alphabetical order, if looking for a game whose name starts with M, just scroll quickly to ‘M’ and look.
[appbox googleplay com.scee.psxandroid]
Alternatives of The PlayStation App
- Amazon Luna
- Geforce Now
FAQ’s About PlayStation App For PC
How Can I Cancel PlayStation Now?
Log into your PlayStation Network account through your browser and click on your account icon and click “subscriptions management”. Now you can cancel PlayStation Now.
What devices does it support?
The app is available on PS4, PS5, and Windows PC. Also, the PC keyboard and mouse are not supported so you must connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller or any other compatible controller.
Is it possible to download games on my PC?
No, it is not. You can only download them to PS4 or PS5 consoles.
In which countries is PS Now available?
The app extends its services to 19 countries so far- Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, the UK and the USA.
With the huge collection of games and flexible subscription options PlayStation Now is a good option. The search limitations and lack of third-party titles are big obstacles in the way of an enjoyable experience. On the bright side, the range of games dating back to PS2 on this app is a treat for many gamers.
The cloud storage facility is a huge convenience as well. So the conclusion is, though PlayStation Now is not the best cloud gaming PC app out there some of its features make it a worthwhile contender among popular cloud gaming apps.