Skout for PC means using it with an emulator on a desktop computer. The app is only available to use for both Android and iOS. Skout is a social connection app that allows users to choose their preference of people they get to meet and connect with online via the app. It also factors in proximity and location. This app is mainly for meeting new people, trying to find common interests as well as creating new ones. Skout is also available for use in PC.
The usual features, like sharing virtual gifts and photos, have an age requirement. This is to provide safety to underage users till they reach adulthood for proper consent. Due to recent reports of, well-troubled individuals contacting children. Sharing uncomfortable information, trying to lure them in.
The app is also used for dating. Allowing people to use their proximity technology to hook up with anyone close by. With updated security, most of your information is only available to you. Allowing you to adjust what goes out for everybody to see.
- OS: Android/iOS
- Size: 56Mb on Android/300MB on iOS
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skout Inc
- Price: Free/$9.99 per month for premium
- Requirements/Compatibility: 4.4 and up on Android, iOS 11 and iPadOS 11 on iOS
The Good: Large user base. The app is easy to use as it gets you set up before you look for people to create a social profile with. Lots of engaging features to keep you going. Lots of moderation goes into protecting the user base from harmful individuals.
Check Also: Line app for PC
The Bad: Users aren’t happy with how lackluster a few of the features are. The most cited complaint happens to be about how less transparent some of the users can be about their own profiles.
Features of Skout For PC App
- Proximity connections: The app taps into your GPS to know your location, then finds anybody that is close to your location. Like the same district, same city, even the same state. If you wanted to meet with someone personally, this feature would best help out.
- Behavior and personality matchmaking system: Since Skout also deals with people dating, the app helps you find your perfect match by using the data gathered from your profile.
- Interaction history: To make things easier when it comes to checking logs of the people you’ve interacted with, without the inconvenience of dealing with them again. You can look into profiles you’ve viewed, favorited, and the messages you’ve sent to them.
- Wider search results: Thanks to the search filter that gives you many options to help find the kind of person or people you’re looking for. There’s a lot of detail you can choose from, like body type, height, weight, educational background, job occupation, gender, etc.
- Liking and commenting on photos: Much like other social networks’ feeds, you can see photos of other people. You can leave likes and comments. Interact closely with anyone in your following list.
- Sending private messages: Although there might be some safety problems for underage users, for adults, the private messaging feature lets you send texts, photos, links, videos, and so on. It is well-built and does have safety measures around it to prevent malicious harm.
- Increasing your profile’s presence: Now, this is a feature only from the premium subscription. What it does is help make your profile become more visible and get better reach in Skout’s social space.
- Raising your inbox to the top: Another premium feature, this basically lets you be a top priority to other users you’ve sent messages to.
[appbox googleplay com.skout.android]
How to Install Skout App
The app is available for use on 3 platforms. One of them requires third-party apps in order to work. Here’s an installation guide for Android/iOS/PC/Mac.
On Android OS:
Skout is easily found in Google Play Store. All you have to do is search for the app, click on install, then after downloading is done, open the app. From there, you have to sign up for registration to create your own account. Once you’ve logged in with your new account, you’ll be good to go.
The App Store has Skout accepted for their marketplace. In order to use it, search for the app in the App Store. Press the download icon before it starts installing. Once done, launch the app and do the whole registration process. You can now log in using your created account and start the app.
On PC, it can be used with apps like BlueStacks or NoxPlayer Android Emulator to use Skout for PC or Mac OS.
For BlueStacks, first, install the BlueStacks Android Emulator by downloading it to your computer before clicking on the installer. Follow the steps on the setup wizard to finish the installation entirely. Once done, launch the app via a shortcut on the desktop. From the app, launch the Google Play Store and then search for ‘Skout App’. It is simply the same as the steps given for Android OS installation. Then open the app from the Play Store to get started.
For NoxPlayer, install the app by downloading it and installing it on your computer. Either Windows/Mac. After installation, launch the app and then browse for ‘Skout App’ before installing it from Google Play Store. After starting the app tap ‘open’ on the Play Store.
Alternative of Skout For PC App
Badoo is a dating app based in Russia. It promises to provide full-on raw experiences without the stringent aspects of life coming in the way. Offering full transparency and honesty, which is found in few out there. You can even do video chats. They blur out pictures that might seem disturbing or too revealing using algorithms.
The most popular dating app out there, pretty much the name coined by Hollywood itself. Tinder offers more anonymity than most apps out there. Usually just letting the user swipe left for the next user, swiping right lets them finally pick and check out the user they’re curious about. Once users have been matched, they can start messaging each other.
FAQ’s About Skout for PC App
How to get your account verified?
You can use your profile after registration is done. However, there are restrictions due to security reasons. So, the mod will check if your profile is safe and verified. Best to leave a picture of your actual self for show.
Can I know who likes me on Skout?
That kind of information isn’t fully disclosed for privacy purposes. You can, however, know which users leave comments and likes on your photos.
Can I ban people from looking into my account?
Yes, you can. All you have to do is visit the particular person’s account, then press the block button. They will no longer have access to your account and you will not see what they do either.
Is it compatible with older versions of Android and iOS?
Only from Android 4.4 to onwards does it run compatible without issues. For iOS, you need iOS 11 to start the app.
Will it work with any device?
Yes, it’ll work on all Android and Apple devices, including tablets.
Skout for PC is a very popular app. Of course, there are plenty of alternatives to try out there within the dating space. Skout is easy to use, accessible and has a large user base enough to create wonderful experiences with people. Also, this app has Facebook sign in too.